Tumuli Township

Tumuli Township

organized September 8, 1869, was then called Union, but on May 10, 1870, received this Latin name, meaning mounds, as of burial, having reference probably to the morainic drift hills in the east part of this township.

Source: The Book “Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance” Volume 17 – 1920 By Warren Upham”

About The Area

Population: 434
Area: 35.42264
Major Lakes: Clear, Formoe, Hansel, Mineral, North Ten Mile, Rose, Ten Mile
Minor Civil Division: 2711165686
Township and Range: T 131N - R 42W


Commissioner District: District 3
Cities in this Township:

Plat Books Last Updated: September 2018

Scroll to Top