Sverdrup Township

Sverdrup Township

organized March 18, 1878, was at first called Norman. Because that name had been previously given to another Minnesota Township, it was renamed July 17, 1878, in honor of George Sverdrup, president of Augsburg Seminary, Minneapolis. He was born in Balestrand, Norway, December 16, 1848; was graduated in theology at the University of Norway, 1871; became a professor of Augsburg Seminary in 1874, and its president in 1876; died in Minneapolis, May 3, 1907.

Source: The Book “Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance” Volume 17 – 1920 By Warren Upham”

About The Area

Population: 621
Area: 35.56754
Major Lakes: Anna, Bass, Crooked, East Lost, Little Anna, Mud, North Turtle, Norway, Pleasant
Minor Civil Division: 2711163688
Township and Range: T 133N - R 41W

Interactive Street Map
Commissioner District: District 3
Cities in this Township:

Plat Books Last Updated: May 2016

Scroll to Top