St. Olaf Township

Saint Olaf Township

organized March 20, 1869, was at first called Oxford, but was renamed May 10, 1870, in honor of St. Olaf, born in 995, an early king of Norway, in 1015-30, who consolidated the kingdom and aided the establishment of Christianity, but was killed in a battle with his rebellious subjects, July 29, 1030. He is the patron saint of Norway, and is regarded by its people as the great champion of national independence.

Source: The Book “Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance” Volume 17 – 1920 By Warren Upham”

About The Area

Population: 476
Area: 36.17569
Major Lakes: Johannes, Johnson, Long, Sewell, Sommer, Vinge
Minor Civil Division: 2711157382
Township and Range: T 131N - R 41W

Interactive Street Map
Commissioner District: District 3
Cities in this Township:
No locations listed

Plat Books Last Updated: May 2016

Scroll to Top