Newton Township

Newton Township, organized March 22, 1877, was at first called New York Mills, which remains as the name of its principal village on the Northern Pacific railway, platted in 1883 and incorporated May 27, 1884. The township name was change July 26, 1883, the present name being adopted for its having the same first syllable as before.

Source: The Book “Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance” Volume 17 – 1920 By Warren Upham”

About The Area

Population: 746
Area: 35.1306
Major Lakes:
Minor Civil Division: 2711146006
Township and Range: T 135N - R 37W

Interactive Street Map
Commissioner District: District 1
Cities in this Township:

Plat Books Last Updated: September 2018

Scroll to Top