Maplewood Township

Maplewood Township, organized July 26, 1880, was then called St. Agnes, but was renamed May 2, 1882. The sugar maple is a common or abundant tree throughout nearly all of the forested region of the state.

Source: The Book “Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance” Volume 17 – 1920 By Warren Upham”

A large portion of this township is occupied by Maplewood State Park.

About The Area

Population: 318
Area: 35.49905
Major Lakes: Anderson, Beers, Crystal, Eddy, Twenty One, South Lida
Minor Civil Division: 2711140364
Township and Range: T 135N - R 42W

Interactive Street Map
Commissioner District: District 2
Cities in this Township:
No locations listed

Plat Books Last Updated: September 2018

Scroll to Top