Bluffton Township

Bluffton Township, organized July 17, 1878, and its railway village, platted in March, 1880 incorporated February 24, 1903, received this name in allusion to the high banks or bluffs of the Leaf river along its course in the south edge of this township. North Bluff creek is tributary here to the Leaf river from the north, and South Bluff creek from the south.

Source: The Book “Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance” Volume 17 – 1920 By Warren Upham”

About The Area

Population: 479
Area: 32.89863
Major Lakes: None
Minor Civil Division: 2711106796
Township and Range: T 135N - R 36W

Interactive Street Map
Commissioner District: District 4
Cities in this Township:

Plat Books Last Updated: May 2016

Scroll to Top