Returning Traveler and Snowbird COVID-19 Information
Seasonal property owners are an important part of our Otter Tail County community. You are our friends and neighbors! While we miss you, we are taking Governor Walz executive order 20-33 to “Stay at Home” very seriously. The Governor is encouraging Minnesotans to stay close to home and is strongly discouraging unnecessary travel.
Here are some of the reasons why we are asking you to delay your visit to Otter Tail County:
- Community spread of COVID-19 continues to increase in Minnesota and nationwide.
- Increased testing capacity would undoubtedly show that COVID-19 is circulating in communities across Minnesota.
- The Otter Tail County population nearly doubles during summer months. Seasonally we gain nearly 38,500 residents in addition to 8,550 resort guests.
- Our rural healthcare facilities cannot build enough capacity to care for our year-round population plus all our summer guests during this pandemic.
To our “snowbird” residents who are returning to your Otter Tail County primary residences, please follow these guidelines for 14 days upon your arrival:
- Go directly home/to your cabin.
- Avoid contact with others and stay home as much as possible.
- Use local friends and family, or delivery services, to drop off necessary items like groceries that you might need.
- Monitor your health
- If you have symptoms of a respiratory disease (these include fever, coughing, muscle aches, sore throat, and headache), call your healthcare provider or the MDH hotline at 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Stay informed. Know where to find local information on COVID-19 and local trends of COVID-19 cases
If you have a property in Otter Tail County, you can request our Sheriff’s Department check on your seasonal property https://ottertailcountymn.us/content-page/covid-19/sheriff-request-check-my- cabin/
Following this guidance, makes us all safer and healthier, and could save lives. Otter Tail County Public Health appreciates your support. We look forward to having you here as soon as it is safe to do so!