The public is invited to provide input for the Otter Tail County Long-Range Strategic Plan. The online survey will gather input regarding Resilience, Economy, Land Use, Public Infrastructure, Natural Resources, and Parks and Trails. The survey will be open through April and will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Updates and Information on Otter Tail County’s Long-Range Strategic Plan
The long-range strategic planning process for Otter Tail County has three major goals:
- Provide an opportunity to engage with residents and stakeholders to understand current opportunities and
- Review existing county systems (natural resources, housing, etc.) and opportunities and challenges for the future.
- Develop a vision and goals for the future of Otter Tail County that can be used as a tool for future decision making. The resulting Otter Tail County Long-Range Strategic Plan will provide a document that outlines strategies for growth and preservation of various strategic planning elements (i.e., economic development, transportation, asset management, etc.) based on input from County residents and stakeholders.
The public is invited to provide input for the Otter Tail County Long-Range Strategic Plan. The online survey will gather input regarding Resilience, Economy, Land Use, Public Infrastructure, Natural Resources, and Parks and Trails. The survey will be open through April and will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE SURVEY
The public is invited to attend open house meetings to discuss the Otter Tail County Long-Range Strategic Plan. Four meetings are scheduled as listed below. Each open house meeting will run from 5:30 pm – 7 pm, with a formal presentation at 6:00 pm.
- February 4, 2019, Lake Region Electric Cooperative Office
1401 South Broadway, Pelican Rapids, MN
- February 5, 2019, Government Service Center
520 West Fir Avenue, Fergus Falls, MN
- March 13, 2019, Perham Area Community Center (PACC)
Meeting Room No. 1
620 3rd Avenue SE, Perham, MN
- March 14, 2019, Prairie Event Center
201 West Main Street, Parkers Prairie, MN
These meetings will offer the public an opportunity to provide feedback on the Plan’s six elements (Land Use, Public Infrastructure, Resilience, Economy, Natural Resources, and Parks and Trails). The public meeting will be an open house format allowing for informal discussion, questions, and answers. Stations will be set up to allow attendees the opportunity to participate in activities and discussions specific to each plan element. County Staff and the Consultant Team will be on hand to answer questions and discuss the plan. Input received from the public meeting will help guide the development of the Long-Range Strategic Plan for the County.
County leaders are asking: what do we want our communities to look like in the next 25 years? This planning effort is aimed at capturing residents’ desires for the future of Otter Tail County. To engage residents and stakeholders the leadership team held four focus groups, one in each quadrant of the county, to listen to residents’ visions for the future of Otter Tail County. The focus group included students, teachers, senior citizens, farmers, business owners, members of the local arts community as well as local government officials and tourism stakeholders.
What should Otter Tail County be known for in 2040? This question was asked of focus group participants. The focus group emphasized the importance of public engagement by asking participants to identify opportunities and issues that may affect the future of the county.