Effective April 15, 2018
A Conditional Use or a Lot Alteration Permit will not be required for earthmoving necessary to repair ice damaged shoreline provided:
- The property owner’s information, property information, lake information and signature are Provided using the online Ice Damage Repair Policy Application https://onegov.co.ottertail.mn.us
- The repair is limited to shoreline damaged during the winter of 2017 – 2018.
- No more than 200 feet of shoreline per lot is repaired.
- The ice ridge material is leveled and flattened in place when possible.
- If conditions do not allow the ice ridge to be leveled in place, it may be pulled landward from the lake on upland areas or removed from the site.
- No ice ridge spoil may be pushed towards the lake.
No more than 10 cubic yards of topsoil may be placed within the Shore Impact Zone in order to
- restore the disturbed vegetative cover (i.e. wheel tracks).
- All disturbed areas are appropriately stabilized (i.e. straw roll, erosion control blanket, or hydro seed) within 10 days of completion of the repair.
- The shoreline repair is completed between April 15, 2018 and October 1, 2018.