This three-day course is designed for officers who want to gain more experience in basic narcotics investigations. It includes a wide range of topics that are essential elements of drug enforcement investigations necessary for successful criminal prosecution.
- Packaging, identification and pricing of current street drugs
- Evidence handling
- Surveillance technology
- Search warrants and court orders
- Confidential informants
- Case management
Upon completion, the attendee will be able to:
- Recognize commonly abused street drugs and list their current prices
- Describe basic drug investigation techniques
- Explain appropriate procedures for managing informants
- Discuss unique challenges in writing a search warrant for drugs
- Design a plan for drug enforcement operations
- Differentiate marijuana grow investigations from other drug investigations
- Outline best practices in report writing, case management and court testimony
*You may register for this training by logging onto the BCA website.