Transfer Stations are open normal hours, but please do your part and limit visits as much as possible. Starting April 1st, Transfer Stations will accept bagged garbage and demolition material only.
The following precautions are also in place:
1. Scale houses are closed to the public
2. Please stay in your vehicle and wait for further instruction
3. Staff are unable to assist with unloading at this time, bring help if you cannot do it yourself
- The Household Hazardous Waste Facility in Fergus Falls is closed to the public
- The Recycling Redemption Center in Fergus Falls is closed to the public
- We are still collecting recycling across the county, including cardboard from businesses.
Otter Tail County Transfer Stations
Battle Lake Transfer Station
Fergus Falls Transfer Station
Henning Transfer Station and Demolition Landfill
North East Transfer Station and Demolition Landfill
Parkers Prairie Transfer Station
Pelican Rapids Transfer Station
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) can either be brought to a solid waste transfer station, or collected by a licensed waste hauler. After disposal, MSW in Otter Tail County is primarily brought to the Perham Resource Recovery Facility in Perham, a waste-to-energy facility managed by the Prairie Lakes Municipal Solid Waste Authority.
By reducing, reusing and recycling we can have less garbage and use fewer natural resources. We can save money by reducing the amount of garbage we throw away. For more information about waste reduction visit the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Use the recycling options in Otter Tail County to reduce waste and save on disposal costs. Curbside recycling is available in Fergus Falls and Perham.
The Otter Tail County Solid Waste Ordinance prohibits the burning of solid waste, including paper and cardboard. This also applies to burning waste in recreational campfires, fireplaces and wood stoves. Burning of household waste is a misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail. If you’re burning garbage, you’re making poison.