Can I recycle that? Ask the Waste Wizard!
Where can I bring my recycling?
- Recycling and Redemption Center
- Drop off recycling locations are listed in the Otter Tail County Recycling Guide
What can I recycle?
- Ask the Waste Wizard!
- Acceptable recyclable materials are listed in the Otter Tail County Recycling Guide
We only have one Earth – and a limited amount of natural resources. Recycling conserves natural resources because less virgin materials are needed in the manufacturing process. Recycling saves energy because making items with recycled content generally requires less energy than extracting virgin materials. Recycling also saves water, as water is generally used in materials extraction and processing, and recycled materials need less processing than virgin materials.
Single Sort Recycling in Fergus Falls and Perham
Single sort curbside recycling began in Fall 2017 for Fergus Falls and Perham. For more information on single sort and how it works visit Single Sort Recycling.
Watch Murph Get Recycled at our MRF!
Holiday Lights Recycling
Holiday string lights should not go in your garbage or your recycling bin! Bring your holiday lights to the Recycling Center in Fergus Falls year round, or to a participating location for a Holiday Lights Recycling special collection between Nov. 15th – Jan. 15th. Participating locations:
- Dalton: JC’s General Store
- Perham: Ace Hardware
- Vining: Big Foot Gas and Grocery and the Post Office
- Battle Lake: Everts Lumber
- Ottertail: Home Center and Hardware
- New York Mills: Hardware Hank
- Dent: C-Store
- Pelican Rapids: Strand Hardware
- Dunvilla: Lakeland General Store
- Vergas Hardware
- Henning: Henning Hardware and the Post Office