Can I recycle that? Ask the Waste Wizard!
Where can I bring my recycling?
- Recycling and Redemption Center
- Drop off recycling locations are listed in the Otter Tail County Recycling Guide
What can I recycle?
- Ask the Waste Wizard!
- Acceptable recyclable materials are listed in the Otter Tail County Recycling Guide
Holiday Lights Recycling Locations
Holiday String Lights don’t belong in the garbage or the recycling bin! Please drop off at the following locations for collection:
- Battle Lake: Everts Lumber
- Dalton: JCs General Store
- Dent: Laundromat
- Dunvilla: Lakeland General Store
- Fergus Falls: Recycling Center
- Henning: Henning Hardware, Post Office, First National Bank,
- New York Mills: Hardware Hank
- Ottertail: Home Center and Hardware
- Pelican Rapids: Strand Hardware
- Perham: Ace Hardware
- Rothsay: Farmers State Bank and City Hall
- Vergas: Vergas Hardware
- Vining: Big Foot, Post Office, Lutheran Church
We only have one Earth – and a limited amount of natural resources. Recycling conserves natural resources because less virgin materials are needed in the manufacturing process. Recycling saves energy because making items with recycled content generally requires less energy than extracting virgin materials. Recycling also saves water, as water is generally used in materials extraction and processing, and recycled materials need less processing than virgin materials.
Single Sort Recycling in Fergus Falls and Perham
Single sort curbside recycling began in Fall 2017 for Fergus Falls and Perham. For more information on single sort and how it works visit Single Sort Recycling.