Functions of Public Health
- Assures the quality and accessibility of health services
- Maintains adequate public health services
- Prevents epidemics and the spread of disease
- Prevents injuries
- Promotes and encourages healthy behaviors
- Protects against environmental hazards
- Responds to disasters and assists communities in recovery
If you are ill, see your health care provider. To report an emergency, call 911. If you are calling to report a Food Borne Illness, call 1-800-FoodIll.
If you are a physician calling to report an infectious disease, please call 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414.
Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Department will contact a public health employee in the event of a public health emergency. Call 218-998-8555 or 911 to report a public health emergency.