Health officials are currently investigating an outbreak of a 2019 novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) that began in December 2019 in Wuhan, China. It has spread to multiple countries including the United States.
For the most up to date information
MDH COVID-19 Hotline
Weekdays: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Take these steps to avoid spreading COVID-19
- Practice Social Distancing
- Wash your hands regularly
- Wear a mask to protect others
- If you don’t feel well, stay home
- Get tested when sick
Areas of Public Health Responsibility
- Assure adequate public health services
- Promote healthy communities and healthy behaviors
- Prevent the spread of infectious disease
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Prepare for and respond to disasters and assist communities in recovery
- Assure the quality and accessibility of health services
If you are ill, see your health care provider. To report an emergency, call 911. If you are calling to report a Food Borne Illness, call 1-800-FoodIll.
If you are a physician calling to report an infectious disease, please call 651-201-5414 or 1-877-676-5414.
Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Department will contact a public health employee in the event of a public health emergency. Call 218-998-8555 or 911 to report a public health emergency.