The Otter Tail County Financial Services Division oversees all the finance and accounting functions, licenses, fees, tax collections as well as elections.
Functions of the Financial Division
General & Property Tax
- County Auditor
- Property transfers and splits administration
- Specific ordinance enforcement
- Property tax administration
- Issuance of countywide licenses and permits
- Guide sign applications (resort signs)
- Serves on the County Board of Appeal and Equalization, County Extension Committee and County Board of Adjustment
- Elections administration for all federal, state, county, and local elections
Motor Vehicle & License
- The License Center is responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient reporting and issuing of motor vehicle licenses and driver’s licenses. This division, under the direction of the County Auditor, serves as a Deputy Registrar for the State of Minnesota.
- The Treasurer is responsible for the timely preparation of tax statements and the posting of tax payments.
- Manages and disburses county funds and investments.
- Processes passport applications.