Emergency Management serves to prepare and protect Otter Tail County communities and people before, during, and after an emergency or disaster.
Whether caused by nature, technology, or human actions, Emergency Management works to develop programs, resources, and best practices in partnership with communities, organizations, businesses, and residents that will ensure a countywide state of disaster prevention and readiness.
In times of emergency/disaster, Emergency Management:
• Facilitates the county government response
• Coordinates with impacted local governments
• Interfaces with responding state and federal agencies
• Supports affected businesses/industries
• Provides information & guidance to residents and visitors
• Secures resources to support short and long-term recovery efforts