County Administration serves as the central management office of county government. It is the responsibility of the Administration Department, under the direction of the county administrator, to assure that all County Board policies are implemented and to coordinate overall operations of the county.
Primary Responsibilities & Services
- Implementing board decisions, policies, ordinances and resolutions in the most efficient, effective, and fair manner possible
- Making recommendations to the county board on policy development and the provision of county services
- Preparing and managing the county board agenda for board meetings
- In collaboration with the County Auditor, prepares, submits and manages annual budgets and long-range capital expenditure programs
- Plans objectives and develops organizational policies to coordinate functions and operations between divisions and departments and establishes responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives
- Performs external communications with other jurisdictions, agencies, advisory groups, and constituent concerns
- Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
In the State of Minnesota, three forms of professional management currently exist in Minnesota statute: County Administrator, County Coordinator and County Auditor-Administrator. Otter Tail County operates under the County Administrator plan, as defined in Minnesota Statute 375A.06. The Administrator serves as the county’s executive responsible for the management of a broad range of county functions, including oversight and supervision of all county divisions, departments, non-elected county directors and managers, and affiliate organizations.
In 2018, Otter Tail County’s annual operational budget is $104,905,337.00. The funds to support this budget include revenue we receive from county property taxes, the State of Minnesota, the U.S. Federal Government, grants and fees.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Vision: Be a recognized and respected county where people want to live, work and play.
Mission: Enrich lives. Innovate Services. Enhance Resources
Values: Serving people with integrity, fiscal responsibility, respect and innovation for enduring success. Live your best life here.