U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Benefits
- Death / Burial benefits
- GI insurance
- Nonservice-connected pension
- Service-connected disability compensation
- VA Health care access
State of Minnesota DVA Benefits
- Needs based optical and dental assistance
- One time needs based pensions
- Temporary financial assistance
- Outdoorsmen benefits
- Homestead tax exclusion
- Homelessness & at-risk Veteran Support programs
The federal and state benefits shown here represent only a partial list of the most widely used available programs. A comprehensive source of information on U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) programs is a booklet entitled Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependents. A limited number of current copies of this publication are available at our Fergus Falls Court Street and New York Mills offices. For more detailed or specific information about state or federal benefits, a visit with one of our highly qualified service officers or benefits counselors is recommended.
If you are not working through a county veterans service office, you may not have a competent advocate.