Finding ways to reuse items is a great way to reduce waste! Items you no longer want, but have some life left in them can often be donated to a reuse store or charitable organization. It is a good idea to call ahead and make sure items will be accepted before you try to drop them off.
Clothes, shoes, books, toys, furniture, household items
- Goodwill: 204 W Cavour Ave, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Salvation Army: 622 E Vernon Ave, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Reuse It Thrift Store: 225 E Main St, Perham, MN 56573
- Thrifty Alternatives: 802 Jenney Ave SW, Perham, MN 56573
- USagain drop boxes will accept clothing, textiles and shoes. Anything not reusable is recycled. See www.usagain.com/find-a-collection-bin for dropbox locations in Otter Tail County.
- DAV drop boxes accept clothing, textiles and shoes. See https://donatedavmn.org/content/collectionlocations for dropbox locations in your area.
Carpet, tile, fixtures, building materials, appliances
- Fergus Falls Area Habitat for Humanity: 421 W Fir Ave, Lower Level, Fergus Falls, MN
Healthcare equipment, home medical equipment
- Healthcare Equipment Recycling Organization (HERO) – collects and redistributes donated healthcare supplies to those in need.
- Veterans Home in Fergus Falls – 1821 N Park St, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
One person’s trash is another person’s treasure!
Organize a neighborhood garage sale to clear out your old junk – and make a little cash!
Many towns have a specific day for an all-town garage sale. See the Thrifty Minnesota blog for a complete list of all Minnesota city-wide garage sales!
Perham: usually in June
Fergus Falls: usually in May