Finding ways to reuse items is a great way to reduce waste! Items you no longer want, but have some life left in them can often be donated to a reuse store or charitable organization. It is a good idea to call ahead and make sure items will be accepted before you try to drop them off.
Clothes, shoes, books, toys, furniture, household items
- Pass It On Thrift Shop: 24 W Mill Ave, Pelican Rapids, MN 56572
- Salvation Army: 622 E Vernon Ave, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- The Welcome House: 1678 College Way, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Cora’s Closet Upscale Consignment Boutique: 221 West Lincoln, Riverfront Square Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Krupkies Konsignments: 117 N Mill Street, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
- Re-Use-It Thrift Store: 225 E Main St, Perham, MN 56573
- Thrifty Alternatives: 802 Jenney Ave SW, Perham, MN 56573
- Secondhand Rose Consignment and More: 97 Miller Street, New York Mills, MN 56567
- Salvation Army: 410 Douglas Ave, Henning, MN 56551
- USagain drop boxes will accept clothing, textiles and shoes. Poor condition textiles can be recycled. See www.usagain.com/find-a-collection-bin for dropbox locations in Otter Tail County.
- DAV drop boxes accept clothing, textiles and shoes. Poor condition textiles can be recycled. See https://donatedavmn.org/content/collectionlocations for dropbox locations in your area.
Carpet, tile, fixtures, building materials, appliances
- Habitat for Humanity of Douglas County ReStore Alexandria, MN
- Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity ReStore Moorhead, MN
Healthcare equipment, home medical equipment
- Healthcare Equipment Recycling Organization (HERO) – collects and redistributes donated healthcare supplies to those in need.
- Veterans Home in Fergus Falls – 1821 N Park St, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
One person’s trash is another person’s treasure!
Organize a neighborhood garage sale to clear out your old junk – and make a little cash!
Many towns have a specific day for an all-town garage sale. See the Thrifty Minnesota blog for a complete list of all Minnesota city-wide garage sales!
Perham: usually in June
Fergus Falls: usually in May