Child & Teen Checkups
Child & Teen Checkups is Minnesota’s name for EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment). For more information on our Child & Teen Checkup program Like their Facebook Page for up to date and current information.
What are Child and Teen Checkups?
Child and Teen Checkups provide health care exams for infants, children and teens, enrolled in Minnesota Medical Assistance. These Checkups include:
- Checks on development and growth
- Complete physical examination
- Hearing and Vision exam
- Information about good physical and mental health
- Lab tests
- Referral to the dentist
Use this health check for a Head Start, WIC, School or day-care health checkup. Be sure to take any forms you need with you.
Health Checkups Are Important
- Regular health checks help keep children healthy
- Health problems can be found and treated early
- Children can get tested for tuberculosis and other diseases
- Parents and children can get information about healthy lifestyles
- Children and teens get regular checkups at the dentist
Health Checkup Schedule
- Birth to 1 month
- 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24, and 30 months
- Every year ages 3 to 21
- Regular checkups helps keep children, teens, and young adults healthy!
This is a benefit of Medical Assistance and all costs are paid. For more information call Otter Tail County Public Health at 218-385-5505
Where can my child get a Child & Teen Checkup?
You can get a Child and Teen Checkup from your regular doctor or at your community clinic. All clinics in Otter Tail County provide Child and Teen Checkups. This is a benefit of Medical Assistance and all costs are paid.
Find a Doctor or Dentist
- Call your county Child and Teen Checkups Outreach staff at 218-385-5505, we are here to help you!
- Contact your health plan member services number listed on the back of your ID card
- Need transportation to your dental or health checkup appointment? Contact your health plan to learn more or call your local financial worker to see if you qualify for MA transportation.